View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM
First Mate

I cruised Carnival this last Halloween on the Triumph. I had the newest menu and I agree that the menu itself looks like a diner menu. The food overall was not that great but I could always find something decent. The fish on the buffet (Lido) always seemed good. Chateaubriand was tender and delicious. Pizza was absolutely HORRIBLE. The toppings sound great, but trust me, don't waste your time. The shrimp cocktail is great, but anything else you order with shrimp in it has TINY (tough and overcooked) shrimp. I'm not big on meatloaf either BUT..I have to admit..Their meatloaf is the BEST I have ever had!! I do not think it should be on the MDR menu however..The wait service in the evening at MDR was pretty awful. Slow and painful is how I would describe it. Wait servers seemed to be taking care of too many tables/people. On a 1 to 10 scale, I would give the buffet a 4. The MDR a 6. If you don't know what to order before going into the MDR, you may get something that tastes crummy because some things are terrific, some things are just inedible. Don't order the spinach dip..It is inedible. Really gross. DO order the wine braised pear for dessert!! Surprisingly awesome!!!

CarnivalTriumph