View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswdogs View Post
We just booked the Glacier Bay itinerary for Jul20, very excited. Tentatively booked E729 based on some of the info I picked up on the forum (we wanted a covered balcony). Would appreciate any feedback you could give me on the following:
1. Noise? I've read that the starboard side is quieter than the port side since the band is under the port side? Any other issues like engine/vent/etc? (Sorry, not too mechanically savvy).
2. Balcony size: some members are saying that E728 and E729 have larger balconies?
3. Wind: I have read the comment that it is windier on these balconies bc there is less protection?

They still have pretty good availability for the emerald deck minisuites so any thoughts and shared experiences would be greatly valued.

Have to 'fess that we've actually done Alaska w. Princess 4x...Star in 03, Diamond in 04 and 05, and Regal Princess in 93. In 05 we booked mini-suites for our group of 6....and I um, have no recollection of details, just that we had the best time. I'll try to be better about remembering this time
We were in the suite in April on the Star and it is a wonderful location. Close to the aft elevators. The balcony is plenty big and not windy. It also seemed quiet on the balcony and we rarely heard the neighbors except at sailaways. The starboard cabins are supposed to be quieter and ours was very quiet. We heard no noise from the ship or above or below decks. Enjoy the suite we loved it. I envy you.