View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Your Thoughts on Carnival Destiny Trans-Atlantic

This summer we sailed the Breeze in the Mediterranean and loved it. We especially love Venice and have been planning on returning for a few days.

Last night I was looking at cruises. Which is normal for me and I found the 18 day transatlantic from Miami to Venice on February 4, 2013. It is one heck of a deal. You can do a balcony for about $1600/two people and an inside for about $1100.

Here are the drawbacks:
This is the "last" cruise of the Carnival Destiny. It is going to the shipyard to be converted into the Funship 2.0 Carnival Sunshine. I'm worried that there will be construction underway during the voyage, staff will be at the end of their contracts and service may be a bit lacking.

Airfare is a bit high: Open jaw from MSP-MIA-VCE-MSP is currently going for around $1650/pp. I'm not sure what the price of cruiseline air is or if it is even offered.

The ports are Malaga, Barcelona, Livorno (Florence), Civatavechhia (Rome), Venice. It's 18 days so there will "a lot" of sea days.

The question I have is: If you have the time and the money would you take this cruise? Even if it may not be "perfect".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links