View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Default Alaska cruise on Statendam

Just returned from a great 12 day cruise/land tour on the Statendam. The cruise was certainly not what I anticipated, but I had a great time, just the same. First of all, Alaska was hit by what was termed as the worst storm in 75 years, affecting all the ports and Anchorage. Lots of rain and high winds. The captain decided to bypass Glacier Bay, and go directly to Seward, due to storm. We were refunded our port fees and offered a free glass of champagne at dinner. While at the pier in Seward, the ship lost all power for approx 2 1/2 hours. Dinner was either ham/cheese or egg salad or cheese sandwich, and uncut fruit for dessert. There was no reason given for the outtage, just "We're sorry." The rail portion of the tour, from Denali to Anchorage, was terminated after approx 2 hours, due to the rail being washed out by the storm. We were transferred to a bus, and finished to trip into Anchorage via bus. I know none of the problems were HAL's fault, but I find it funny they haven't acknowledged all the disruptions of the trip. What do others think? BTW, I had a great time because of the great group of friends we were traveling with!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Sponsored Links