View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Guys, once again I appreciate the suggestions, but this takes me back to the reason I started this thread. As informative as Paul's post was, when you get to the bottom you are no closer to narrowing the field than when you started out. That's why I think a listing by cruise line would be useful. Based on what I have read, here's what I'd put down for some I am considering:

Holland America (Premium class, Food 4 stars, smaller boats mean less variety, but less noise and crowd.)

Celebrity (Premium class, Food 4.5 stars, larger boats, but more space per passenger means lesser crowds and noise. Perhaps at a cost.)

Azamara (Upscale class, Food 5 stars, smaller boats mean less variety, but less noise and crowd.)

Surely there is a lot which could be added to each of the entries above, by those who have experienced them instead of trying to condense what people say into some kind of ranking. And yes, everyone has differing opinions and requirements. Still it would help me, and perhaps others, to be able to make a first cut of 4 lines or so to consider for a particular vacation. Hopefully someone will agree with me and we can put together a ranking.