Here is the excursion I was asking about. I love to hike, but since I live in Texas was wondering about the air:
A wilderness trek to the magnificent Laughton Glacier combined with a scenic train ride aboard the historic White Pass & Yukon Route Railway make this adventure one not to soon forget.
On this adventurous excursion you will:
- Board the train for a 50-minute, 14.1 mile journey filled with spectacular waterfalls, rushing rivers and jagged mountain peaks.
- At Glacier Station, you will begin a fully guided five to eight-mile roundtrip hike in the clean mountain air. The magnificent sub-alpine rain forest valley is home to moose, bear, and mountain goats.
- This spectacular trail winds along the raging Skagway River to the majestic Laughton Glacier. The terrain changes dramatically as you leave the forest, hike up the riverbed and climb over a boulder field onto the glacier.
- Enjoy the breathtaking 360 degree panoramic views, exposed crevasses and moulons of the great frozen river of ice.
- Upon your return to the trailhead, you will be greeted with a traditional “Bush Buffet”, complete with a cold brew and juice.
- Relax and enjoy the ride back to town on “The Scenic Railway of the World”.