View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerworker View Post
This time, I am giving a "gay group" cruise a try. It is a normal cruise, but a gay travel agency is booking a bunch of rooms and coordinating events. With an interior room, the price by yourself is not that expensive. I booked an 11-day cruise on Celebrity, with Pied Piper Travel (who does a gay croup cruise almost every week). Good luck!
I do agree with this comment, and others regarding gay groups. It may take some work, but you can find a group of cruisers with similar interests. In particular for the new single cruiser... groups can be an excellent option.

I know from my own experience, we match up solo cruisers with a roommate for the cruise, and never have had a bad result. Some became and remained friends after the cruise. So, with a group cruise, you can sail "solo" and not have the single passenger extra expense.

Again, from my experience... with a gay group cruise, and trying to appeal to the broadest group, we gravitate toward Carnival or similar line because of the generally lowest per-day cost, and the fact you can cruise without feeling the need to spend more money every day on specialty restaurants, and add-ons. So also perhaps expect that with groups.

I share your opinion about the cost of all gay cruises, although I believe they offer a great product.