Thread: Monday!!
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all of Canadian contingent.

It is going to be another cool and dry day here in the Land of 10,000 Slowing Lowering Lakes. We really need rain going into the winter. I pulled the hose out yesterday and started soaking some of my smaller evergreens. Once the ground freezes they won't be getting much water to get through the Winter.

The agenda consists of waiting for Dish to come out and install my new Hopper system. They are supposed to be here between 1 and 3 today.

Two weeks ago we had a problem with our upstairs receiver. The hard drive was going out. We received a new one. It was DOA. We received a second one and it too was DOA (Dead On Arrival). Last Friday a technician was dispatched to find out what was going wrong. He tried the second receiver with no luck. He did not have another receiver of the same type in his truck. I wasn't happy at that time and got on the phone with his Supervisor. About ten minutes later I got a call and was informed that because of my problems they will install the Hopper system in the house for no additional charge. Not bad since, install is $100 and each "Joey" remote device for the TV's is an additional $7/month. Now all four TV's will be connected to satellite, we will be able to record six things at once, automatically skip commercials on network TV and record about 500 hours of HD programming. I'll take it.

I also have to do some vacuuming and dusting so I better get to it. I can no longer play the invalid card and have Betty do it.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me