View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
OK - it seems pretty obvious that the people here do not feel any responsibility for the people who go overboard.
I think people should take responsibility for their own behaviour. I purposefully avoid getting drunk in situations where there is any danger, and I have taught my children to do the same.

It seems that, especially in America, people are losing touch with any sense of self-responsibility because of the legal environment, ie whenever anything bad happens to us, there must be some-one else to blame. This results in mindless signage, barriers on everything, etc, and a population that no longer knows how to look where they're going and assess risk for themselves.

And yes I do think bars would be intrusive, whatever the size or colour. I do not want to live behind bars, especially when I'm on holiday and wanting to feel free. It also occurs to me that bars might present their own dangers - kids (or drunk adults) trying to climb them, getting one's head stuck between railings, etc. They might cause more deaths than they prevent.