View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Familiar Face

Wife and I took our first cruise in '09 for our 25th anniversary. Eurodam to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay-not necessairly in that order. We choose a snorkle adventure in G Turk. We thought it would be people riding in small powered boats that followed each other to the reef. We discovered the ride to the reef was on a jet ski that seemed to be sitting inside a raft w/a 25hp motor. This was my first time on a jet ski and the training was pretty much this - if you turn it over and loose stuff you will have to pay for it. They also told me how to make it move throught the water. My wife was not thrilled. We ended up going out into the ocean and down to the end of G Turk. I'd estimate 2 to 3 miles. The snorkeling was probably not so great (number of sea animals limited) but I had nothing to compare it to, but the jet ski ride was awesome for me, my wife screamed most of the time wanting me to slow down. We ended up going so slow the tour leader would come back in his boat and try and encourage us to pick up the pace. The wife finally agreed and we were off to the races. I enjoyed the ride, but as I mentioned the reef did not seem to be too great.

Holland Eurodam 12/2009
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 12/2011
Carnival Fantasy 4/2012