View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFartCruiser View Post
From what Pete posted regarding sometimes price reduction after final payment, I was thinking I would never book w/i a few weeks before final payment.

T'pup, Did you book your cruise 3 weeks before final payment w/i the past year or so? Repricing or OBCs after final payment was changed about a year ago. You definitely got a good deal @ $100/night for a balcony + OBC.

So my thinking now is never book a few weeks before final payment unless it is a great deal.

O F C'er
Yes, we booked in June this year for a September sailing... it was one of Princess's sales. Father's Day Sale I think. The price was actually $1,299 and our TA either discounted it or had a group but our price was $1,199 for a balcony Guarantee on Ruby Princess Barcelona to Venice. It came with $100 OBC and then we had Future Cruise Credits that we could use. So that was another $200. Then for some strange reason there was another $75 once we boarded..still have no idea where that came from. And then, we had an issue with Lufthansa and our luggage which Princess credited us $200 for Lost Luggage. Absolutely nothing to do with them, but we weren't complaining Added up to $575 OBC

Lots of people on the roll call cancelled their chosen balconies and got in the guarantee pool for a much cheaper price before final payment. That price lasted for about 6 hours and didn't come back.