View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
Hi

I have just joined this forum and am from England, so don't know if anyone can help me please?

We are going on a Caribbean cruise at the end of January and visiting the following islands:

Barbados, Aruba, Curacao, Magarita Island (Venezuela), Grenada, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, British Virgin Islands, Antigua, Dominica and back to Barbados.

I have two questions really:

1) Which currency is the best to use? Will all of these islands accept the US dollar?

2) What is the best way to take currency, cash or dollar travellers cheques?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
All of these islands will accept US dollars and that is the best currency to use.

In your case I would take US dollar Travelers Checks. You can cash them on board the ship and not have to worry about the ATM fee. If you are sailing on a US based cruise line (not P&O) there will be an ATM on board, that dispenses US dollars, if you wish to use it but there is usually a $5/transaction fee. If you are sailing on P&O I'm not sure what the currency will be. US dollars or UK pounds.

Have a great cruise. Your itinerary is a great one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me