View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine View Post
Good morning Gang. Thanks for the welcome home.

I hope we all have a healthy year.

I had a wonderful time. Dominica was great. I want to go back. I did not see any whales or dolphins but had a nice time looking for them. Did see some flying fish and got a beautiful view of the island from offshore. We did not get back in time to do an island tour, which was a bummer. Oh well, it's an excuse to go back. We did shop at the flea markets and talked to the folks there.

I had looked forward to St. Lucia and was disappointed. I want to go back there and try again. I had the worst tour I've ever had. I booked it last minute and it really was not much. It just took us around town and mostly stopped for shopping. Too top it off, our guide left a lot to be desired. I caught her in what she thought was a private moment...doubled up in what looked like pain. I think she'd taken something for it before work, too.

The Sun is a small ship with not a lot of extras but it had great food and the entertainment was good. I had a relaxing ten days. About 90% of the people on board were my age (49) or older. It was a great cruise.
Sounds like a great cruise welcome back. Dominica looks so beautiful from the pictures I saw. Too bad about the St. Lucia tour sounds like the tour guide was having a rough day.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994