Thread: Disney Wonder
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I went on a Disney cruise with my 2 children aged 5 (now 6) and 3 (now 4),
I really wouldn't choose between two of them locations as I haven't experienced them myself, so I cannot help you there.
The Disney Wonder is very modern compared to the other ships, there are a lot of different youth clubs to suit each age of child as my children where 5 and 3, my 3 year old went to Flounder's Reef Nursery which was aged 3 months to 3 year old, the nursery included: books, toys, games, baby swings and a television with a DVD player. My 6 year old went too a few off the clubs as she was older and she was able to dress up as her favorite Disney Characters, which she loved. I really recommend the Disney wonder ship with children and first time travelers.
Secondly, I went on my Disney cruise last August, and as being the summer season it was really busy with kids and parents. It was great though because my 5 year old made plenty of friends and joined in with almost every activity the ship had to offer for kids. I didn't have a problem with getting in the pools as we went down early, but throughout the day it did start to get busy but do remember the ship does have 3 pools.
For dining, I found the food great. I haven't really got a great appetite but everything there suited me fine.
When we got off at ports, we would explore the destination, go shopping and relax by taking lunch at a nice cafe somewhere.

I was in the same situation before I went on this cruise, I wanted too see other peoples experiences before going and it really helped as people who had already experienced a disney cruise had a magnificent time and are always planning to go again. For me now as I have experienced the Disney Wonder, I would recommend a Disney cruise as it was great and the atmosphere on-board was unbelievable.
My now 6 year old girl loved it as she is so into Disney characters and she didn't want too leave the ship when our cruise finished and she's happy that we will be booking one for next year!

I booked through Disney Cruises | Disney Cruise Holidays and they were great help, if I ever had a question or problem before I went or whilst on-board I was able to ring up my consultant who I booked through and they would sort my problem out or answer my question. I will be booking again for next year very soon.