View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraway View Post
We rent scooters for our mother which are delivered to the ship. They do not fit through the cabin door and are left in the hallway. The motor can be locked so no one can move it. Never had a problem.
I'm glad that your mother has been able to do this but it is not within the cruise lines rules. Scooters left in the hallway block the corridor and can be a danger to others in the event of an evacuation.

Here is Carnival's official policy.

Mobility Scooters: Passenger scooters must be stored and batteries recharged in your stateroom. Due to safety considerations, wheelchairs and scooters cannot be stored in the corridors. Furthermore, the Guest Services office cannot store personal scooters, nor be used to recharge batteries. Your personal scooter should be able to fit in a standard stateroom with a 21" entry doorway. If your scooter is larger than 21", you must purchase a modified stateroom or rent a smaller scooter. Segways and other similar vehicles are not permitted on board our vessels.

All of their Special Needs policies can be viewed at:

http://www.carnival.com/legal/guests...uirements.aspx

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me