View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Unhappy Can you take food from ship to shore if you have Celiac disease? Please help :)

I am trying to book a last minute, surprise birthday cruise for the best husband in the world...and now Carnival is saying we cannot take food from ship to shore for our excursions!

I have severe Celiac disease and I cannot eat any foods that contain wheat, barley, rye or oats, and I certainly cannot trust the port locals to keep me safe. Any exposure to those gluten sources could send me to the ER, so I just pack my own PB sandwiches and have NEVER encountered a problem in the past. My disease limits our family in so many ways, the thought of it ruining this trip for my husband is almost more than I can bear

I have heard that Carnival can accomodate my gluten free foods and will allow me to bring aboard whatever I want to eat...as long as I keep it on board. What can I do to be able to go onshore and have a fun day with my husband? I'm getting desperate and even wondering if smuggling the foods off ship would work!

Any advice would be so appreciated <3

**I haven't booked the cruise yet, was trying to do it today when they informed me about the food restrictions, hoping to book very soon if I can work this out!

Thanks
Sponsored Links