View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Freedom of the Seas 1/6/13

My husband and I are booked on this cruise and are so excited about it. It is his first cruise, and my first one since I was 13 or so. We are 26 and 28. Is anyone else booked on this sailing? We are kind of "old souls" and frequently enjoy socializing with people older than us. We enjoy a good drink now and then but we are in no way wild and crazy young people.

Has anyone sailed this ship? Any advice? I heard something about half price happy hour drinks, which sounds promising...

Here are the ports we are visiting and our tentative plans. We are planning our excursions ourselves, not going through the cruise line. We are taking our own snorkel gear to give us a little freedom there, and maybe save a few bucks. We are flying Delta and can check free bags through them.

We are from Idaho so I am so excited to get out of the cold. And yes, the sunblock will be our favorite accessory.

Here are our stops and (tentative) plans:

Labadee (private island) - lay in the sun, snorkel, drink yummy drinks

Jamaica - We are both very competent horseback riders, and we were thinking of some sort of horseback ride, probably a private one. Any thoughts about that? Anything else in Jamaica that we shouldn't miss? We know the waterfalls are impressive, but are they usually very crowded? We have seen a lot of waterfalls, in the Smokies, Rockies, and Hawaii. Are these really that special?

Grand Cayman - Stingray city/snorkel tour with Dexter Adventuresea. We are reserved and he has said they will dive a conch for us. The rest of the time we will just snorkel or wander GC.

Cozumel - no plans yet. Any ideas? We do like history, and we are both pretty fit, so I was contemplating a nice hike of the ruins or something. Are there any can't miss snorkeling areas around?

Does anyone know if the Freedom has a midnight buffet, like with ice sculptures and decorative food? That is the thing I remember best about my other two cruises, weirdly.
Sponsored Links