View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
First Mate

Sounds like my perfect trip too ! I even bought a fold-up bicycle in 2010 so I could carry it on board and then pedal the islands. One word of caution however, some of the "British" islands want you to fill out customs forms to make sure you don't try to sell the bike duty-free?? I had serious delays on Carnival going ashore in the Bahamas, not sure if it was more the ship or the country. When the ship saw I had a bicycle that I got out for the day in Key West, they weighed it both coming and going?? Like if I had planned on bringing back contraband, I was too dumb to fill the tires and frame with sand and then return with the illegal stuff inside. Then they wanted to record the serial #, then call ahead to the Bahama customs office for permission before they let me off with it the next day. Then I had to wait in the customs office for my turn to get the official "go ahead". I had no questions asked at all, and no paperwork to do on Princess going ashore on Bonaire, Grenada (also a British island) and US Virgin Islands.

As for going with you, hytenjr, I might be interested. Depends on whether I take a backpack trip this winter or not, and, if you are like me, I wouldn't want to keep you from going with a nice adventurous lady that might also be interested.

Keep in touch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackAtFt.Lauderdale-reduced.jpg (90.8 KB, 7 views)

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Nov2014-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@Jacksville

Last edited by ednotmilkman; December 19th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.