View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM's Avatar is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 2,266

If you have legal guardianship of your son, it should not be a problem. But I would highly suggest you bring the legal documentation with you proving you have sole custody. If you have joint custody or there is not legal documentation, it can be a problem.

This is directly from Carnival's website;
When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.
In a situation like this, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Hope this helps.

Travel Agent/Cruise Specialist w/16 yrs exp and 50 Cruises on 12 different cruise lines in many parts of the world! VIETNAM VETERAN OWNED & OPERATED. Certified Accessible Travel Advocate. Specializing in unsurpassed personal service to insure you have a hassle-free vacation!
Reply With Quote