View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Post-Christmas Morning

Good morning everyone.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had a 40 hour long Christmas that started in Hong Kong and finished back home in Minneapolis. It was a long day of travel but we were able to have an "abbreviated" Christmas with the kids and grandkids before we passed out at 6:30 p.m.

My internal clock is totally out of whack. I went to sleep at 6:30 p.m. but was wide awake at 1:30 a.m.. I'll try to stay up as long as I can today and get back to a normal schedule.

The Southeast Asia trip was wonderful and we had a great time. Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) was the unexpected jewel of the trip. It was a fun and friendly city with great food, people and markets. Hong Kong was, as usual, fun and beautiful. Especially at night with the all the skyscrapers decked out in Holiday style. We did a few more "touristy" things on this trip like visiting the Big Buddha. It is basically "Buddha Land" but the cable car ride up and back was beautiful and I was proud of myself to climb the 300+ steps up to the Big Buddha.

Now it's time to diet. Between the ship and the food we had in the ports I gained almost ten pounds. I do have to say we were both a little disappointed with the food on Millennium. It wasn't bad but it was just ok and very repetitive in the buffet. The Olympic isn't what it used to be. The food was good but service was no better than it once was in the main dining room.
Qsuine was fun and had a fantastic filet mignon but otherwise the food was fair and a little too gimmicky for me. It is sort of a "Tapas with a twist" but not my style of dining. Millennium is showing her age even though she has been recently "Solsticized". Some worn carpets, railings in need of refinishing, elevator buttons worn, and other older ship issues. However the service was good and we enjoyed ourselves. Our cabin steward, Igusti, was wonderful and went out of his way to serve us and even to get a piece of luggage repaired.

I'm now waiting for the grocery store to open so I can get some food in this house. I know I could miss a few meals but dang I'm hungry.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links