View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Nice sports coat and slacks enough for formal night?

I'm not a cruise director, although as a "mom of 4" I wear many hats! It's just common sense........live life with common sense and you don't need to be intimidated by all this nonsense and scrutiny on the clothing. I don't have a problem personally with the formal wear, but I don't think that people should be so hung up on it, that they make comments to the maitre D about what others are wearing. If everyone would lighten up a little, and let people be, it would make life more enjoyable. The reason these boards exist is because people do feel like they need to stress out about their clothing. I don't think that is necessary. Half of my family likes to dress up and the other half doesn't. Why make the half that doesn't, miserable? Life is too short to make a big deal about little things....... That doesn't mean that they show up dressed inappropriately, but I do feel that if my son wants to wear a nice white dress shirt with dress pants and a formal tie, I am not going to force him to wear a dinner jacket.