View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Is Celebrity REALLY an upscale line?

If "as advertised" Celebrity is trying to offer a more "traditional" "upscale" cruise experience, I'm not quite certain why someone who is disinterested in that experience would want to book it. Just to buck the trend?

I don't believe it has anything to do with elitism, because Celebrity is not offering their cruises at "elite prices".
They are simply attempting to market to a segment of the cruise population who the more traditional experience appeals to.

I'm kind of with Benjamin. Difficult to understand why someone would book a Celebrity (or any other cruise line) expecting the cruise line, and other passengers, to adapt to what they are looking for, as opposed to finding a cruise line which offers what they want to begin with.

We'd likely be better off if all the cruise lines did more to distinquish their identities and what they offer that is different from the others more clearly.

Enforcing their own individual "rules of behavior"(not just dress codes), whatever they may be, would be a step in the right direction. Make it simple.... this is what we are, this is what we offer. If it sounds appealing and is what you're looking for, book with us!

Trying to be everything to everybody hasn't ever worked as a business model.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/