View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning From Sea

Good morning everyone!

It looks like it should be a beautiful sea day here on the Carnival Glory. I am about ready to head upstairs and get some coffee.

We are having a great time and last night's dinner was excellent. The talapia that I had was cooked perfectly and deliciously seasoned.

There was one thing that really impressed me. I asked our waiter, that if it was no trouble, if I could get gluten free bread. We are in Your Time Dining and I know it's hard to keep track of special diets. To my surprise he said "No problem." and a couple of minutes later I had gluten free bread and the Maitre 'd, Tuana was at our table with the next day's menu. She arranged to have gluten free chocolate melting cake available each night for me. Gluten free french toast and eggs benedict available for breakfast and that each night I would be able to see the next night's menu to see what I would like. That's service and something I did not experience on last month's Millennium cruise where questions about gluten were either answered with "Look at the menu" (they do indicate gluten free foods on their menu) or "I don't know". This was a nice touch.

Today is a sea day so we are just going to rest. I am pretty well over my pneumonia but still feel a bit worn out. The scariest thing so far was our trip from the airport to our hotel. We turned the corner onto the street where the hotel was located and heard our luggage shift in the back of the mini-van cab. This caused the rear door to pop open and one suitcase and my CPAP case went flying out and were in the middle of the street. Luckily the cars did not run anything over and my machine was OK. We were lucky it didn't happen on the freeway.

Well, my brain is telling me "COFFEE" so I will wish everyone a good Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links