View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
I thought so too Don, but there are no signs posted saying "no one under 18 allowed in solaruim area"as there was on the Connie when we cruised her before or as on the Solstice last summer. It was not like "teen night" the Solstice had which was a special exception.

Maybe it is that particular Captain in charge who removed the signs or authorized their removal? Who knows? All I know is I wanted that little haven and was disappointed. I did notice the dailys said 3-5 was family time there-which I would not have minded at all a couple of hours a day.

Now if the signs were accidently removed-they should be returned and no one under 18 allowed should be enforced outside of family time from 3 to 5 pm.

You see, we paid $1400 total including taxes for this 4 day cruise-but if it is no better than the NCL Sky- which cost us $1000 for 2 us including taxes for a balcony room-why bother with the Connie? Not that I want to go back on the Sky either.

I would rather rent a condo on the beach for a long weekend to be honest and save doing cruises for something better which is what I will do-unless we doing a 5 day on RCI Jewel of the Seas. We did enjoy that cruise.
I was on the Summit in Sept and they had signs at all the entrances but we were in Bermuda and there was really no issue with inclement weather. I like the Solarium because I have had a Melanoma in the past and avoid the sun like the plague. The S class ships have a wonderful solarium, it is much bigger, the pool is bigger and the chairs have cushions to make them more comfortable. Funny thing on the Summit there must have been something wrong with the pool, it was hotter than the hot tubs and they were at their correct temp.