View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

hi Suzanne,
I realise this is a late reply to your post but I thought I'd still send it. We live in ydney and if your cruise is on Radiance of the Seas, we will also be on board. We are going right through to vancouver. Customs is no problem as long as you are honest. Yes taxis are about $50 to th CBD. Easier than waiting round for a shuttle esp being tired after a long flight. Hotels do, of course, vary in price. we love The Grace. It is close to transport, shops and a 10 minute walk to Circular Quay and The Rocks. Closer to the Quay is Amora Jamieson, a mid-price hotel. Neither of these have views of the harbour but some rooms at the Amora have harbour glimpses. The Four Seasons has lovely harbour views and had a good deal just recently. This is close to the train station and a very easy flat walk to the ship. The Sebel Pier is right under the arch of the Harbour Bridge, next to the water and a flat 5 minute walk to the ship. It is usually a bit pricey but yesterday we booked a room there for our son's wedding for $243.
Anne