View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

We just got off Glory a couple of hours ago. We had priority boarding and disembarkation and I have never had a faster boarding or disembarkation. We were off at 8:00 a.m. and did not take our luggage off. We were also able to get early check-in at the Crowne Plaza. The first desk clerk told us we couldn't check in until 1:00 p.m. so we went to the flea market next door. When we checked to see if a room had opened up and the same woman said: No, I told you 1:00 p.m.. The manager was right behind her and turned around and said: "Let me take this." He then apologized to us and got us a room and then gave us a coupon for a free breakfast. That was nice.

We had an overall great cruise except for what Carnival could not control. Our visa card was hacked and we were called down to Guest Services because our credit card was rejected on the third day. We used another card and called Capital One. The ship let us use their phone so there was no charge. There had only been about $150 in charges and they are sending a new card and it should be at home when we get there. Of course we are not responsible for the charges.

We did have three straight days of rain and Costa Maya and Roatan were wet but we had a good time touring the ruins in Costa Maya. Ponchos are something you should always bring.

The ladies at the Alchemy bar were great and Aleksandra, from Poland, taught me how to make a flame thrower out of an orange peel so I'll be peeling a lot of oranges when I get home. I wonder how I'll explain things to the insurance adjuster.

Now we are going to go and wander around Little Havana for awhile and then take it easy. I need some good beans and rice.

Tomorrow: We board the Imagination and see what a four day cruise is like.

Take care and I wish everyone a great Sunday and a wonderful week.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me