View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise planner View Post
It's not unusual to see a cruise line raise the rates before offering a 'big' sale. They all do it and it's done all the time.

Had a client who booked a cruise last week and the next day there was a special in which they could get $50 onboard credit per stateroom. So I checked out the rates and found they had gone up $100 per stateroom. Naturally, I gave the client a choice; you can keep the rate you have and forgo the onboard credit, or I can get you the $50 onboard, but your rate will go up $100. Gee, now there's a no brainer!

But I see this all the time because, as your mother always told you, you don't get something for nothing.

Pete
Pete, that is the point the other poster was making. The deal is really not that good and a savvy shopper does not fall for this. You just said the same thing he did-just in another way. I agree with him $2200 for an inside even with all 3 bonuses is too much and no bargain at all.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014