View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Let's talk stock market

So I watch the stock market everyday and I have some shares in SPY with is an exchange traded fund based on the S & P 500. The S & P 500 is a exchange of the 500 largest stocks in the USA. So watching that stock tells me how the market is doing.

These past two weeks the stock market has been in a good mood. Always going up. So I hedged by SPY with a stock that shorts the S & P 500 called SH. That basically means if the S & P 500 stocks start dropping my share in SH with increase. I know the market will drop soon. I just don't know when and how much. I thought we might have some stock watchers on this board.

I'm thinking of selling my SPY since I have a nice gain and it's seems to be at a high. Then holding my SH for when the stock market falls on it's butt.

What do you guys think?
Is the stock market at a high?
Do you think it will fall soon?

Don't worry I won't get mad if you're wrong. Everyone's wrong about stocks at some point. I just like chatting about it and my hubby always looks confused and bored when I talk stock market.

BTW this is not a political thread it's a financial one. Please stay on topic. Thank you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links