View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Time!!

My in-laws are taking my husband and I and his two sisters on a cruise. First time for all of us (except for mom and dad, they have been several times).

7-Day Eastern Caribbean Round-trip Miami

Ship: Norwegian Epic
Embarkation port: Miami
Embarkation: Nov 16, 2013
Disembarkation: Nov 23, 2013
Ports of call: Miami; St. Maarten; St. Thomas; Nassau

1. Better to have Passports or Bring all the birth certificate, etc paperwork?
2. Cell Phones: I want to be able to take pictures and upload to my facebook from my phone... I do it all the time ... will that be data charge? I have unlimited so have no idea. Also what about texting? I would like to be able to be available via text for my kids who will be home (ages 12, 15, 19 once we leave)
3. I see it is advised to bring both cash and credit card. Would it be wise to have a "new" credit card, to be used only for the trip, so in the event the number is stolen it isn't our main card?

I am so excited! I have wanted to do this for a very long time.
Are there any recommendations for "Things to Do" at each of our Ports of Call? I want to try snorkeling for sure, but so far that is the only thing I have found. We are all age 43 and up so we aren't looking for water parks and kid friendly... in fact I would kind of like to stay AWAY from the kid friendly things. Peace and quiet, warm sun beams and drinks involving colorful umbrellas are my goals. !!

Priscilla