View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Desert Orchid

Default Re: Is Celebrity REALLY an upscale line?

I come from a family who had lots of connections-work wise-with the White Star Line also family who served in the Navy,so for me the choice was easy to make .For me cruising has always meant dressing for dinner,there is something so romantic about being at sea and it is nice to step out of todays hectic world and dream of what used to be.
That said I do not look down upon people who are dressed in jeans or whatever ,maybe they didn't research the cruiseline enough before booking but I am pretty sure that they don't make the same mistake again.
We cruise Celebrity because it is more traditional,I wouldn't like to put myself in an age bracket behaviour wise,the cruisers I have met have been all ages and have all been out to have a real good experience both onboard and onshore,some of the more senior cruisers are so wonderful to talk to, their experience of cruising and life in general is so fascinating to listen too .
I am not a cruise snob but I definately think Celebrity is a cut above some other lines and I hope it always stays that way.

Desert Orchid