View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:53 PM
First Mate

Default The Blizzard of '13

Well, folks, it looks as if those of us here in the Northeast are in for it according to the last weather report I just watched.

They are predicting 15" - 20" for our part of Connecticut which is West of Hartford about 14 miles. The northeast corner of the state is due for up to 30", which sort on indicates that Trip will get around that amount as well.

We have been fortunate the last couple of years as far as storms with large accumulations, so we are due.

I am working from home full time these days (and saving 200+ miles a week in commuting), so will not need to brave the elements. Plus, with living in a condo, someone else does the shoveling and plowing. We did our grocery shopping, which is usually Fridays, already, and so are as prepared as we can be.

While the snow is swirling and the winds howling tomorrow, I will be sure to look at the web cams form the various ports and dream of whan we will next be there.

For those who will be impacted by this storm, please stay inside. I hope everyone gets through it with no issues.

Take care....

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links