27/M Texas boy here trying to get a feel of who might be willing to split a room for a possible April or May (maybe even March) departure from Galveston. I wanted to go for my birthday but my finances wouldn't allow it right away. I've been asking family & friends but no one wants to devote the time or spend the money. I am still considering just going alone and paying the double occupancy, but that's going to be a last resort. Details:
- I am still a newbie cruiser, but familiar with the travel industry. My first was Carnival Triumph in December 2012 with family, and I was ready to go again the moment we disembarked.
- I am somewhat shy, but very open and laid back, and easy to get along with. We'll be good friends by the end of the voyage.
- I am considering all genders and ages.
- I have been pricing for some time, but I do not have any specific voyages in mind.
- Considering recent events, I am not fixated on returning to Carnival (though they seem to be cheapest & I wouldn't mind trying out the Magic).
- My preference is for a 7 day/2-3 stop western Caribbean cruise, but may be willing to settle for a cheaper 5 day/2 stop (assuming Triumph returns to service by then).
- This window is starting to sell out, but I suspect a few cancellations coming. I still must wait on my tax return before I can book, which should be in soon.
- I may be able to get us some type of discount via my airline perks.
If you might be interested, reply and start helping me keep an eye on voyages. Check all your resources for the best bargain. I can go cheap for a low deck interior cabin, but if you know where to find balcony rooms for the same price then let me know, too.