View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Admiral

I talk about attitude a lot on this board.

I don't think most of us are mentally prepared when we cruise for adversity. If I am camping I prepare myself for all sorts of possibilities. Doing a road-trip I might have a mix good and bad meals and excellent to so-so lodgings. If I am in another country I might have to deal with an emergency and have some severe communications difficulties. That doesn't stop me from enjoying any of these activities, or at least telling stories about the foibles that come along with them.

When I cruise I plan extra time to make sure I can roll with the punches of travel and make it to the ship on time. Once I am on board I do expect a nice stateroom with working amenities and series of good-to-great meals. We may hit a little weather and we have to roll with the waves - it is a nice way to be rocked to sleep though can make dinner time rough.

While we are at sea I may not be mentally prepared for adversity. I would like to think that should adversity come my way I could make the switch for vacationer to traveler and deal with the things that are in my path.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014