View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
Feel free to disagree with me totally, I'm good with it.
I don't disagree with you; I just think you need to lighten up about the article. The writer was obviously indulging in hyperbole, tongue firmly in cheek, and that's certainly how I took it. If I hadn't, I'd be as pissed as you, because I certainly don't believe Terry and I should be assigned to the ranks of the helpless.

But if you're honest you'll admit that you've seen legions of the helpless and the clueless on every cruise you've been on--those people who "don't belong in the wild" and who would be especially ill-suited to any sort of shipboard irregularity.

My favorite was waiting for the elevator once just after boarding. One "mother-in-law" was standing at the elevator buttons and explaining to her friend. . ."Now, when you want to go up, you push the top button and when you want to go down, you push the bottom button." Whereupon a third woman standing nearby but who didn't know the other two said, "Gee, you must have been valedictorian!"

Not nice, I admit, but I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of welcome champagne or I'd have done a classic spit take.