View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Admiral

I don't have an "in" on the Seabourm side though I just received the following from e-mail from Windstar.

Quote:
I am thrilled to announce that Windstar Cruises is doubling the size of our fleet with the addition of three Seabourn ships: Seabourn Pride, Seabourn Legend, and Seabourn Spirit, purchased by our owner, Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Under the project name Global Windstar, we will now be the leader in the small-ship cruise market with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,230 berths.
We will take possession of the all-suite ships, which hold 208 passengers each, over the next two years in the Mediterranean. The Seabourn Pride will be the first ship to enter into our luxury fleet in April of 2014. Following a Windstar-branded renovation, the Pride will set sail a month later in the Mediterranean in May 2014; voyages are expected to go on sale in May of this year. We will take possession of Seabourn Legend in April 2015 and Seabourn Spirit in May 2015; the yachts will start sailing in May of 2015 following their dry-dock period.
Windstar is proud of its heritage in sailing and will continue to offer voyages on all three sailing yachts. What our guests continue to be enthusiastic about is our intimate, yacht style of cruising. This style is the core of our brand experience and the new ships are a perfect fit to build on that foundation. Global Windstar will also allow us to service new regions of the world such as Asia and South America, in addition to the fifty countries we already sail to. We will continue to focus on the unique destinations that larger ships cannot call on. The opportunities of Global Windstar are already evident with the recent announcement of Windstar's return to Tahiti in May of 2014. Tahiti has been one of the top destinations requested by our guests and travel partners.
I hope you are as excited about this news as we are. In the coming months we will reveal additional details, including the new ship names, itineraries, onboard experiences, and renovation details. Windstar offers you an intimate, unique, and engaging cruise vacation - and I can't wait to see you on board again, whether it's relaxing under the sails or cruising on one of our new all-suite yachts.
Sincerely,

Hans Birkholz
CEO

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014