View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship2shore View Post
its nice to know they conduct their tests on live key systems related to passenger comfort, while passengers are present.... maybe they need a "dummy load" to conduct tests on, rather than passenger toilets.

Do they also conduct bacteriological tests on food by feeding it to the passengers, and observing the results?
They conducted the test while docked in St. Maarten. It wasn't in the open ocean. The ship is in service 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 52 weeks a year, except for dry docks. Testing must be done. It's a hell of a lot better than testing it in the open ocean and having it fail. Testing is done to make sure if it does fail it fails at a time that will have the least impact on the guests. You could turn on the generator and say "OK, it powered up." but if you don't actually make the test and test the switch you are not testing a major component of the system.

Every cruise you have ever been on that was seven days or longer had this "test" done. On shorter cruises they may do it every other cruise.

All UPS testing is done on a regular basis in all business and on "live" systems. The Federal Reserve in Minneapolis does their every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m..

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me