View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
Happy Sunday all!!!! Memorial service for my mom yesterday went well found out some stuff about her I didn't know such as being such a party animal when she was young!!! Pictures from the Cotton Club in NYC on a girls night out (it is not something new) in 1939 and other similar photos. Certainly this couldn't be the straight-laced mom who's idea of a good time was drinking a whiskey sour while watching Lawrence Welk .
Doug - this brought back a happy/sad memory for me. When my Dad died in 2011, we were talking with his older sister, who said my Dad had performed in a couple of musical theater productions! Now, we knew my Dad sang in the church choir, but my aunt was really into music - performed in regional theater musicals and later was a voice teacher at the University of Chicago - and she persuaded my Dad to try out for a couple of parts and he got them. In one musical he played a gangster - so against my Dad's personality even though his body type would fit the part. We were astonished! And what a great new memory to have!