View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
First Mate

hi Gingerale and SisterSolo,

I have looked longingly at the brochures from Star Clipper cruises in the past but have never found anyone seriously considering sharing a cabin for these ships. So if you two don't work out a cabin share together, I am interested in the Oct cruise Ginger mentioned or anything else similar next fall or winter.

I would prefer trying a Caribbean or Central America / Panama Canal cruise on one of the 3 Star Clipper ships, but might reconsider Med or trans Atlantic for a great price.

All this would be subject to the two of us getting aquainted before sailing to know there would be no tension in sharing the small space. I've cruised once with a woman where we had only talked on the phone and we got along so well that we cruised again the next two years. For my other cruises, I've gone with a different fellow every time and only once did we wish we had picked a better mate.

Hope you two can work out a great trip ! I'm headed for my next adventure on a river cruise next month with a fellow from Houston, TX (we will meet in Rostov the day of departure).

Rostov-on-Don - Moscow (ext. to St Petersburg). Date: 24 Apr 2013 - 14 May 2013

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow