Thread: Round trips
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFartCruiser View Post
RichC, you are speaking for yourself, not most seasoned cruisers. Do a Carib 7 day and count the 100s of pax doing a B2B. E. Carib, then W. or reverse. Ships return to FL to pickup new pax and all the lines do it. We have been doing a Carib. B2B every winter for years. The 7 dayers say, they would love to do it, but have to get back to work.

O F C'er
I suppose you correct about 100's of pax doing B2B on 7 day trips but from my experience the amount of people on 10 & 14 day B2B far outweigh those numbers with people who have much higher numbers of days traveled. Of course my observations are limited to off season cruises like Nov, Early Dec, Feb & May only.
On all of our 7 day trips ( and there aren't that many) we're always close if not in the top 3 cruisers and on 10 or 14 day trips we're not even in the ball park. We're lucky if we make it to the Captains lunch or cocktail party.

In any event the people who take 7 day trips (even B2B) are not the same ones who do transatlantic trips. As you well know they're the type who still have limited vacation time or limited finances.