View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Default Amazing ALLURE Of The Seas 3/24/13

What an awesome, excellent perfect cruise! I now have my favorite ship!!

We flew into FLL the day before and stayed at Days Inn FLL. No complaints it was great for an overnight stay quiet and clean with a good morning breakfest and airport shuttle.

In the morning we took a cab to the ship. Already have been on Oasis so knew what to expect with Allure. Even though I have been on Oasis Allure still had the Wow what a ship feeling.

The ship is beautifully laid out with different neighborhoods. Very easy to get around and for a sold out ship with over 6,000...1,900 of those were 6 months to 17 years old. No lines anywhere. Windjammer never had lines you can just walk right up to the food stations even in peak times. Food was very good no complaints.

Service was excellent. We had mytime dining and worked out very well. we had a 5:30 reservation however made it to the dining room between 6 and 6:15...never a wait. Our waiter called us by name on the first day dinner (embarkation) He would also ask us when we get there if we had any shows to get to if he needs to get us out quick to make a show. MDR dinners were usually 60 minutes. It was alittle longer on lobster night as everyone shows up in the MDR. Cabin stewart very good also. Crew around the ship awesome.

Entertainment and activities....this is where no ship can come close to Alllure (other then Oasis). The aqua show was amazing saw it twice once in the theater and once from our balcony. Blue Planet another amazing show. Two ice shows both excellent. The comedy show was great! Second comedian better (Phil Tag). Sat in the first row and got picked on...it's all good love a good laugh even if the joke is on me. There was also another aqua show featuring Dreamworks characters which I missed because there were other things also going on that I wanted to get to.

There is so much do on the Allure you can never get bored. Recently cruised Carnival Breeze where there was nothing to do in the evening but drink and gamble....Allure has a New York/Vegas feel...lots to do in the evenings.

70's night is always great fun on the Promenade. And the Allure Village People where nice on the eyes....Just sayin..

A selection of live bands/singers in the evenings. Dazzles has an excellent band The Frontliners...love them. Blaze nightclub DJ's were the best ever spinning top dance music not ghetto rap like on Carnival Breeze.

Participated in a dance contest with a fellow cruiser and we won "Allure Dance King and Queen." We had two minutes to come up with a routine. Thanks for the fellow cruisers in the audience that voted for us!! What a fun time!

Flowrider, zipline and rock climbing alot of fun.

Promenade parades awesome!

Dance Flashmob was a blast! participated in all the sessions.
Also loved the Beyonce and Michael Jackson dance classes.

Love the Diamond lounge before dinner in the balcony section overlooking the promenade.

My Grasshoppers were great in any bar....(Cheers TM)

Loved the Dreamworks characters...they were out and about alot so plenty of opportunities to take pictures. My favorite is Po (kong fu Panda) I have a crush on him and made sure I got pictures of the two of us.... I stalked Po all week...

Captain Johnny with his motorcycle was the Captain. Alan Brooks CD who does a great job!

Met some great cruisers from First timers to Diamond Plus...

Debarkation was not bad we got off the ship at 6:50 and were sitting at the gate by 7:40. Our flight was at 9:50am and had plenty of time. We carried our own bags out which helps. Although we always take our own bags no matter what time the flight is.

Special Shout Outs.....
Antonio - for the excellent MDR service!
Claudius - for taking care of the cabin for the week!
Layla - for the awesome dance classes!
Po - for not minding while I stalk you!
DJ Power and DJ Roli - excellent music selection kept me dancing all night!
The Frontliners - Love this band in Dazzles! more dancing!!
Ana and Eric - for the service in the Diamond Lounge!
My neighbor in the cabin next door - thanks for lending me hair spray for captains night that I forgot to pack.
Thanks Royal for the Balcony upgrade!

I can go on and on....Thanks Royal Caribbean and the crew of the Allure for another awesome Cruise vacation!! xoxo

Can't wait to be back on Allure...hopefully soon....

ADQ (Allure Dance Queen)
Formally known as CQ (thecruisequeen)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9eab48cb3a

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2