View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Senator Rockefeller Getting Steamed about Cruise Ships

Carnival and Arison have been getting a public lashing in recent weeks. On Friday, Rockefeller told NBC’s ‘Rock Center’ that Carnival is ‘bloodsucking off the American people and having no second thoughts about it.’

Rockefeller: Carnival response ?shameful,? will press on cruise safety

From an article at "Seatrade Insider"

Rockefeller, who chairs the Committee on Commerce, Transportation and Science, reacted to a letter from Carnival chief Micky Arison, which fielded the senator’s questions about the Triumph and Splendor fires, actions taken and lessons learned, and whether Carnival plans to reimburse the US Coast Guard and Navy for costs associated with their assistance to disabled ships.

The senator had also questioned if the cruise industry pays adequate taxes to cover the costs of various federal services it uses.

‘Carnival's response to my detailed inquiry is shameful,’ Rockefeller said in an email to Seatrade Insider. ‘It is indisputable that Carnival passengers deserve better emergency response measures than they experienced on the Triumph. I am considering all options to hold the industry to higher passenger safety standards.’

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links