View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Familiar Face

Default my first NCL cruise....

Hi All,

Just got back from my first NCL cruise on the Jewel to the Bahamas. I hate to say it, but I didn't care for the cruise and more than likely will not sail on Norwegian again. Nothing extraordinary happened, so I guess this cruise line is just not for me. The food didn't change much at the buffet at lunch and dinner, and the selections were pretty boring for my tastes. Our cabin stewart was great. We had a mid-ship balcony room which my 9yr old grandson and I liked very much. The tv shows were recordings of the same shows every day. We do spend time in our room, to relax and it's nice to watch some tv. It was a Nickelodian cruise and the Nick Jr channel shows repeated every day. I liked the colors of the ship; pink chairs and purple carpet!! The best thing was the live shows. We both loved all of the ones we went to: The magic/comedy show of Jean Pierre was great. The "fountain" show with the staff members was hilarious! It took 45 - 60 min for room service and the delivery of their $5 pizza. For some reason, whenever we asked for a smoothie drink, we'd usually end up with a different drink - one time we were given a virgin Mudslide instead! Oh, well! It didn't ruin our vacation in the least! We had a good time, but will stick with Royal for future cruises!!
Sponsored Links