Thread: Hiya Everyone!
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool Hiya Everyone!

I have been learning all kinds of useful information on this forum for a few days just browsing as a guest so I decided it was time to register and say hello.

Basically we are a married couple in our late 30s and eary 40s. We have three children 18, 16 and 12 years of age. A spoiled parrot and a yorkie that doesn't know he is a dog.

We never took a honey moon or really have been anywhere longer than a weekend without kids. I am currently trying to lose weight and decided it would be a way to reward myself for getting to a healthier size as well as that romantic getaway we never took if we went on our first cruise!

Honestly other than some road trips in the US and day trips in our state and ones nearby we have never really been on trip like we are planning now. It is a big adventure to say the least!

We have narrowed it down to this:
Leaving Sept 6, 2014
5 Day Western Caribbean from Miami FL
on the Carnival Victory
with port of calls Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

This was after looking over a couple ships leaving that port around the same time, and choose our port based on some of the shore excursions we want to do like horseback riding on the beach and sting ray city .

I have also read the very helpful first time cruises guide that is a sticky in this section and various links I can find on the internet for cruises.

I am currently planning without a travel agent though I am considering getting one after all I have read. I guess I thought if I did enough research, and I love to research lol that I wouldn't need one but now I am not quite as certain.

Planning on making my deposit in the next few weeks, and after what I have read I will just put money away til the final payment date instead of paying it off in advance like I was originally thinking I would do.

The only question I have right now is about the re-boarding at the ports of call, we are getting passports and will have our sail cards from the ship, do we need to carry any additional ID to get back on the ship?

Sorry for the novel Thanks for all the tips and look forward to getting to know this group!
Sponsored Links