View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Hi all hope you guys are doing good. It's raining today in sunny California we call this liquid sunshine. So I had a 15 day Hawaiian cruise booked and the ports of Oahu and Maui were suppose to be until 11PM allowing us to go to a luau at either port. Then Carnival changed the times to 8PM and 9PM all luaus end around 9PM. I was really bugged by the reduced port times. My hubby called Carnival and they think it the change due to ship traffic in those ports. They should know that ahead of time and not sucker people into a cruise with certain ports times. I would feel different if we got to the port and ocean conditions or illness etc caused the ports times to be were reduced. That is out of Carnival's control.

But with Carnival's ships having issues and this change in ports times I wanted out of this cruise. So my hubby and I talked about it. We have only been on one Caribbean cruise, so we decided to save a few bucks, book an inside GTY on Crown Princess to the Eastern Caribbean. Last time we were on Princess was in 2002. So hopefully it's as good as I remember. My new ports are Princess Cays Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Marteen, and Grand Turk. I have only been to St. Marteen so if anyone has tips of these ports please let me know.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994