View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Ok so we purchased the Whirlpool HE washer top loader and matching dryer. I like that I can a fit comforters and blankets in it and like that there's no middle agitator.

It's not a real expensive set like some of the others we looked at, I just can't see spending thousands on a washer & dryer. I don't ever recall taking out my clothes and wished they were cleaner or dryer with the set we're replacing, in fact the set I'm replacing was only 1 1/2 years old but were ruined when the basement flooded and they were on the cheaper side and washed & dried just fine.

Too many bells and whistles out there, makes me wonder when is good, good enough?

Yes, todays appliance are only built to last 10 years anything over is a bonus.

One more thing with the money we saved I'm thinking my I Pad should be here for mothers day!
Robin,

Glad to hear you are now the proud owner of a new washer and dryer. Will insurance cover the replacement? It sure would be nice. I also love that I can stick a king size quilt in my wash machine without worrying it will walk across the room when it hits the spin cycle.

I do have to agree with you that on some things, like washers, dryers and other appliances, too much is too much. When we bought our last refrigerator there were models with televisions in the door. I'm sorry but I don't need a TV in my refrigerator door. Even my old wash machine has more "cycles" than I ever use and all I want the dryer to have is "no tumble" and four heat settings: No heat, low, medium, and NUKE THE SUCKER!

I hope you double the ten year projected life span and have years of joy washing, drying and ironing.

Take care,
Mike (Who only irons when it's a matter of life and death)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me