View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Good Morning Gang,

Kat - we have really enjoyed our two Princess cruise, both the same class of ship as the Crown. Princess Cays is their "private island" a little piece of land at the tip of Eluethra. Plenty of activities and lots of beach chairs. Our only complaint was that the sea floor was very rocky in the area we sat. The ship should dock at Grand Turk. It is pretty much another beach stop - the beach is right off the dock in fact. I agree with CQ regarding Magen's Bay, we have taxied over there a couple of times - have also gone over to St Johns for snorkeling. You can do that on an excursion or by taking a cab to Red Hook and taking a ferry.
Thanks for the tips. My Crazy sis has been to Grand Turk and loved the beach right at the dock. I will bring my water shoes for Princess Cays just in case it's rocky. On our FOS cruise we stopped at Labadee and it was great because lunch was set up on the beach; all we had to do was grab a beach chairs and some beers and we were all set. Sounds like Princess Cays is the same way. I love snorkeling, but it's a hassle for my hubby because of his facial hair. The mask doesn't create a seal around his face unless he shaves it. So we will probably end up in Magen's bay. Is St. Thomas pretty safe? I remember hearing about some violence there.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994