View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
First Mate

Talking Carnival over Royal Caribbean

Just wanted to share.... I was talking with someone today about cruising and sharing my excitement about booking on Quantum. He told me they had been a "bunch" of Carnival cruises and loved it. I shared with him that my first cruise was on Fascination and we loved it. But since then we have tried a couple other cruise lines and while we have loved every cruise, (cuz we don't sweat the small sh!t) Royal Caribbean was hand down our favorite!!! I told him he should try a cruise with them. He told me he'll never cruise on RCCL because they are way too expensive. I told him they are worth every penny! "Nope we like our Carnival cruise because they are inexpensive and we can always find a bargain." Don't you think there's a reason for that??? I told him he really needed to splurge and at least try one RCCL cruise.

Now I'm not putting Carnival down because everyone has their favorites. But he should at least try another cruise line. I'm glad we did!!! I love RCCL but I'm sure I'll cruise on another line. Someday... Maybe... if they stop building new ships and fixing the older ones up. Or somebody else buys my ticket!

Another person that I saw last night, a good friend in the cruise booking business just got back from Breakaway's inaugural cruise. He said he was not overly impressed. He thought it would be nicer. He did not have time to go into details. That's one ship that I was thinking of trying if rates came down a little or I found a bargain. It's close to home. No airplanes needed.

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Sponsored Links