View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertcruzer View Post
We have cruised Celebrity, HAL, Princess, RCI, and Carnival. We are in our 60's and, of course, what we look for in a cruise has changed over the years. Unfortunately, when the recession hit, it hit me HARD personally. At the same time, the airlines just keep raising and raising their prices. We're in the Arizona desert, so the only port we can drive to comfortably would be in southern California. That means the Mexican Riviera.

So we went 4 Septembers in a row on the Carnival Splendor out of Long Beach because that was the only way we could afford a cruise for the last 4 years. We had a wonderful, relaxing time on each of those 4 cruises. We used our balcony a lot to read and relax, enjoyed music in the lobby before and after dinner, and didn't do much in the way of entertainment.

We are now "splurging"" and have a cruise booked on RCI Serenade of the Seas in January 2014 out of New Orleans, necessitating purchasing air fare. We have enjoyed our previous RCI cruises and I know we will enjoy this one too. As you can surmise, we are easy to please and we don't sweat the small stuff. It's all about enjoying spending time together and relaxing.

So, I guess our favorite cruise line is whichever one we are actually able to sail on at any given time! !
My wife and I are also sailing out of New Orleans on the Serenade only in Febuary of 2015.We would be really interested to hear about your cruise.We are planning on staying in N.O for a couple of days before the cruise. Have a great time on your cruise