Thread: Lotus Spa?
View Single Post

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Beware of the ionithermie detox

Ionithermie Algae-Detox- $159 (Course of 3 $399)
This unique anti-cellulite and detox treatment works with stimuli and algae to reduce cellulite and toxin deposits from the stomach, thighs and buttocks in women and the stomach region in men. You will lose 3-8 inches of external toxins in one session, Ionithermie is now used in Europe as a non-surgical, pain-free alternative to liposuction. Come in and join the revolution

In my opinion, I'd pass on the above "detox". When I went in for my treatment, with my back to the mirror, the attendant had me hold my hands straight forward with a pad and pen so I could write the measurements down as she measured my body and called out the numbers. I didn't pay attention to those numbers, frankly because I was pretty much naked, with a strange woman measuring my body. I went through the treatment and she remeasured me. I was able to face the mirror this time, and as she called out the new numbers, I could see the numbers on the tape, and, lo and behold, I lost a of inches! Garbage!

When I got back to my cabin, I looked again at the pre treatment numbers. No way was my body ever those measurements! My bra band size is far smaller than the under bust measurement that she first called out to me. My clothes would never have fit me!

I highly recommend that if you do try this treatment, take your own measurements, naked, and write them down, right before you go. You will be amazed as to how many inches you "gain" just walking to the spa! I complained over the phone and got a refund, but it is a total joke.

I travel on a lot of cruises and the Carnival Magic is my favorite ship, because it goes to the Bahamas from Galveston.