View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Zyde...

Why so judgemental? Obviously the media and members of congress believed Arison was directly responsible for almost everything that happened aboard Triumph, and it is one of the cruise lines in his control, and also the one which made him his fortune and allowed him to buy the other lines. We are just discussing that aspect of this situation - I don't see that discussion as nonsensical at all.

But just to be clear, when I referenced the CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines I was referring to Gerry Cahill, not Arison. I think Arison fell on his sword for Cahill, in a way, in the sense that Carnival Cruise Line was drawing heat, but I still stand by my statement that I think it is presumptuous of any reporter to say they "know" what Cahill was thinking and that he purposely cut back on Carnival ship maintenance.
How is Arison in any way responsible?

On the myth of Carnival bringing back Uncle Bob, until recently Bob WAS still on the board of directors and was forced out. I think the same is likely true with Uncle Micky. Not for Triumph or any other incident but for lack of perceived independence,

Once Bob was forced out, he was then free to come back as a consultant, on a 1 year contract.

Micky is now free to pursue a basketball dynasty.